To Clover Leaf, sustainable seafood means:
- It comes from a fishery where the number of fish in the fishery and the rate at which fish are being caught are such that future generations will be also able to enjoy seafood from that fishery.
- We know where the fish came from, how it was caught, where it was processed and how it got to you.
- The seafood was caught legally.
- The impact of fishing on related species and ecosystems is low.
- The fishery is being managed by a regulatory body whose policies are supported by science and regularly enforced.
Clover Leaf is committed to responsible, sustainable fishing practices and global resource management. Since our primary business is seafood, it is imperative – in fact, it is inherent to our mission – that we adhere to practices and policies ensuring the long-term health of our oceans.
It is our ultimate goal to source all of our seafood products sustainably. We feel that at least 95% of what we sell has already reached this goal, and we continue to work on the remainder. Further, since what we sell is living and changing, we are always working behind-the-scenes to adapt and improve our existing efforts.