Effective Date: September 12, 2018
Table of Contents:
- Gathering of Personal Information
- Information Collected by Automated Means
- Information Collected From Other Sources
- Questionnaires & Surveys
- Consent to Use Personal Information
- Opt-Out and Updating and Deleting Your Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Forward to or Refer a Friend
- Sharing Your Information
- Security and Retention
- Processing Of Information Outside Of Canada
- Children’s Online Privacy
- Third Party Websites
- Intellectual Property
- How To Contact Us
- Final Note
Gathering of Personal Information
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED MEANS
Collecting information through these technologies, sharing it with our advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties, and linking it with your personal information allow us to do the following:
- helps us to customize our websites and enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a Clover Leaf site;
- helps us identify products, services, site features, recipes, advertisements, and offers that may be of particular interest to you; and
- helps us diagnose problems with our server and administer our web sites.
You can set your Internet browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, and to omit images (which will disable pixel tags). Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of advertising cookies. You can learn more about and opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s opt-out page here. Please be advised that without cookies or pixel tags, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of Clover Leaf’s website features.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. This information may include name, demographic information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and shopping behaviour. We also may collect information from your social media programs when you contact us through a social media platform. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our services and products.
QUESTIONNAIRES & SURVEYS
From time to time we may gather Information from questionnaires and surveys only for internal use of Clover Leaf. If sample answers to polls or surveys are posted on the web site, then no identifiable Personal Information will be included.
Consent to Use Personal Information
Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. For example, when we receive Personal Information from you to provide a requested product or service, your consent to use the Personal Information for that purpose is implied. If you need to provide Personal Information about other individuals (such as dependents), you must first obtain their consent for these purposes prior to your disclosure to us. There are legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information. Some examples are if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
Opt-Out and Updating and Deleting Your Personal Information
If you opt-in to receive communications and other information from us, you can always opt-out by using the Contact Us link below or by unsubscribing from emails using the link provided at the bottom of the email. Our web sites and email programs are designed in compliance with the requirements of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Likewise, we will provide users with the opportunity to change any Personal Information previously provided or have their Personal Information deleted by contacting us as set forth in “How To Contact Us” section below.
Use of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information primarily for the following reasons:
- to send consumers who opt-in offers, recipes, coupons, updates and news, and other information about Clover Leaf, our portfolio of brands and our partners;
- to notify winners of Promotions, such as contests, games and sweepstakes, and to distribute prizes;
- to send out brochures, and other materials via regular mail to subscribers who opt-in;
- to distribute items that are part of “giveaways” that you have registered for;
- for use in our on-line and off-line marketing and advertising campaigns;
- when you participate through any community portions of our sites;
- to respond to your questions or comments if you contact us as described in the “How To Contact Us” section below;
- to allow you to provide feedback in the form of surveys and questionnaires so we can improve our products, services and sites;
- to contact you if needed while processing a product or service you requested;
- to deliver content that is customized to your interests and tastes; and
- in connection with considering and evaluating applications for employment provided to Clover Leaf.
FORWARD TO OR REFER A FRIEND
If you choose to use our Refer a Friend or Forward to a Friend feature, we will send your friend(s) a one-time e-mail about the applicable information. If your referred friend does not subscribe to our newsletter , we receive no information about that referred friend. We do not permanently store the name or e-mail address of such individuals unless they opt-in to receive further communications from us.
Sharing Your Information
WE DO NOT SELL, TRANSFER, OR DISCLOSE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION WE GATHER TO ANY THIRD PARTIES WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR CONSENT, EXCEPT IN CASES WHEN WE BELIEVE IN GOOD FAITH THAT WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION TO DISCLOSE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WITH THOSE SUPPLIERS, OR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES THAT NEED TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS YOU HAVE REQUESTED. Our suppliers and service providers are required to maintain confidentiality with respect to all Personal Information, and may not use your Personal Information for any unauthorized purpose.
Security and Retention
Only those employees at Clover Leaf who required your Personal Information will have access to it. We protect your Personal Information with appropriate security measures, and we require our suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies to do the same. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary for the purpose it was provided or as required by law.
Processing Of Information Outside Of Canada
Clover Leaf is part of a group of companies. Website hosting, storage and management of electronic communications, and data processing within the Clover Leaf group of companies may be done via servers located outside of Canada. Some of our supplier, advertising, or promotional agency service providers as described above may also be located outside of Canada. As a result, your Personal Information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of other jurisdictions.
Before providing your name, address, or email address to us, be sure to ask your parents first.
Children’s Online Privacy
We recognize there are unique issues concerning the protection of children’s privacy over the Internet. All children-directed Clover Leaf web sites are designed to comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) guidelines for web sites gathering identifiable information from children (under age 13). Consistent with these requirements and guidelines, and provided that we have been given accurate information by the child when asked, we do NOT:
- distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information without prior parental consent;
- entice children by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity;
- collect, use or disclose personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, on-line information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent. We collect on-line contact information from children only in connection with on-line contests and sweepstakes; our policy with respect to using this information is provided below in the “Promotions” section; or
- enable children to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent.
Parents can always ask to review any Personal Information about their child that may have been collected at one of our sites, have us delete any such Personal Information, and/or instruct us not to collect or use such Personal Information about their child in the future. To do so, simply contact us following the procedure outlined below in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
As the Internet evolves, and the requirements of COPPA and PIPEDA and CARU guidelines change, Clover Leaf will endeavour to comply with these requirements and guidelines in a manner and in as timely a fashion as is technologically feasible in order to protect children and their privacy.
We periodically run contests, games and sweepstakes (“Promotions”) on our website or social media sites for which we ask users/participants to provide personal information (like their e-mail address). This information is used to administer the Promotions and contact the participant when necessary in accordance with the Promotions.
Our Promotions are only open to legal res. of Canada (18+ in AB, MN, SK, ON, QC and PEI; 19+ in BC, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, and YK) If a users/participant is a winner of a prize(s), they will be asked to complete and sign a release form which will ask for their name, address, telephone number, cellular phone number, email and age.
If a participant has indicated upon entering a contest or sweepstakes that he/she is under 13 years of age, the participant is instructed to enter the e-mail address of his/her parent or guardian. Further, for any game or contest where the screen names of the high scorers are posted, a user under 13 can only select a generic screen name from a list that has been developed in advance. This prevents the disclosure of any personally identifiable information.
When a user/participant under the age of majority is selected as a prize-winner in a contest or sweepstakes, an e-mail is sent to the parent or guardian. This e-mail contains a form that requests the participant’s real name and address and a parental permission form. For the participant to receive the prize, the parent or guardian must fill out and sign the form and then mail or fax it to the address or number indicated on the form.
Third Party Websites
Clover Leaf’s policy is to protect its own intellectual property, while respecting that of others. Intellectual property can include material protected by copyright, or a trademark.
If you believe in good faith that Clover Leaf has infringed on your rights protected by a copyright, trademark, you may file notice with our trademark department. Your notice must include:
- Your full name,
- Mailing address,
- Email address,
- Phone number,
- Complete description of protected intellectual property,
- Proof of intellectual property protection – for example, trademark number or other registration information,
- Jurisdiction in which your intellectual property is protected,
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the protected intellectual property on the Clover Leaf website (for example, a URL),
- A statement as to why you believe Clover Leaf infringed upon your protected intellectual property,
- A statement under the penalty of perjury that you, as the owner of the intellectual property, did not authorize Clover Leaf the use the intellectual property, and
- Your signature.
Please send your written notice to:
Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp.
80 Tiverton Court, Suite 600
L3R 0G4 CANADA
How To Contact Us
Clover Leaf strives to provide a safe Internet environment for you and your children. While children and young adults are encouraged to play our games and explore the web sites, we remind them often that their parents will be notified if they give us their e-mail address and their parent’s written permission is required for them to be eligible to win prizes. We urge parents to spend time with their children on our web sites. Sit with them and share the experience. While Clover Leaf endeavours to ensure your child’s privacy and safety, informed parents are the best protectors of their children.