As part of our vision to redefine sustainability and social impact in the seafood industry, we will establish a Sustainability Accelerator within our company to innovate and pilot new approaches to addressing industry challenges across our sustainability pillars: Ocean, Fish, and People. Under the direct supervision of the CEO, this Accelerator will dedicate $40 M in funds over the next five years dedicated to piloting novel solutions to the biggest challenges facing our industry, such as ghost gear, seafood alternatives, improved fisheries monitoring and more.
- TRACEABILITY & TRANSPARENCY: We will continue to lead the industry in transparency and traceability, creating easier access to customers through testing new technologies.
- WORKER SAFETY: We will continue to champion our best-in-class culture of safety in Clover Leaf facilities to ensure adherence to established and thorough safety protocols.
- OPERATIONS: We’ve established five-year plans for improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gases, waste, and water usage.
- PACKAGING: We continue to seek reduction in packaging waste at all points to eliminate plastic packaging and develop sustainable alternatives. 95% of our packaging is already recyclable.
- DONATION: Engagement with conservation authorities, including a significant land donation to The Nature Trust of New Brunswick Inc.