You are here

Clover Leaf Seafoods Packaging Examples

How are we reducing the footprint of Clover Leaf packaging? Learn more...

Some examples of the application of our sustainable packaging principles include:

  • A 2009 redesign of our Clover Leaf salad kit packaging from a composite plastic-paperboard to a carton enabled us to ship 25 percent more units on each truckload taking trucks off the road each year and saving fuel. The redesign also eliminates PVC plastic, replacing the material with readily recyclable paperboard.
     
  • Our canned salmon labels are comprised of 10% post-consumer recycled content and the remaining 90% comes from Forest Stewardship Council certified paper.
     
  • In 2008, Clover Leaf rolled out a multipack of canned salmon with a shrink sleeve comprised of polylactic acid (PLA), a compostable corn sugar based resin.