Supplier Code of Conduct
Clover Leaf Seafoods conduct business ethically, honestly and in a manner that respects individuals, their communities and the environment. We expect the same from those with whom we work and expect that our Suppliers operate with similar values and adhere to the following basic requirements in order to maintain a relationship with us. Suppliers will ensure that they are aware of all applicable laws and regulations affecting the matters described herein. We require that our Suppliers provide written acknowledgment and compliance with the following Code of Conduct, or to their own code of conduct, as long as it meets the requirements of the Clover Leaf Code.
HUMAN RIGHTS AND EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
- Suppliers will not utilize forced, bonded, involuntary prison or indentured labour.
- Suppliers and their facilities shall not use any slave labour or permit human trafficking in its supply chain.
- Suppliers will not utilize child labour and will comply with all applicable minimum age employment laws and regulations.
- Suppliers will comply with all applicable minimum wage laws and regulations to include overtime wages and timely payment of wages.
- Supplier work schedules, maximum hours/workweeks, and overtime policies must be consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Suppliers will provide a workplace free of abuse, harassment, and unlawful discrimination.
- Suppliers will recognize the rights of employees to freely associate, organize and collectively bargain in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Suppliers will provide a safe, clean, and healthy workplace and will seek to prevent workplace injuries through communication of known hazards, proper training and workplace safety programs. If employee housing is provided, the housing will comply with all applicable laws and regulations for hygiene and safety.
- If Supplier employs foreign or migrant workers, they will be employed in full compliance with the labor and immigration laws of the host country.
PROTECTION OF THE ENVIRONMENT
- Suppliers will control and treat wastewater and solid waste generated from operations as required by all applicable laws and regulations.
- Suppliers will control and treat air emissions generated by operations as required by all applicable laws and regulations.
- Suppliers should seek to conserve natural resources and make efforts to measure and reduce energy use, water use, wastewater and solid waste generation associated with their operations.
BUSINESS CONDUCT AND ETHICS
- Suppliers will not accept illegal payments, engage in corruption or bribery.
- Suppliers will supply ingredients, materials and finished products that are safe for human consumption, unadulterated and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (which shall include the laws of the country of final importation and marketing).
COMPLIANCE AND CONSEQUENCES OF NON COMPLIANCE
- If a Supplier fails to comply with any aspect of this Code of Conduct, it will be expected to immediately implement corrective actions.
- Clover Leaf Seafoods will terminate agreements with Suppliers unable to demonstrate compliance with this Code of Conduct, and applicable laws and regulations. If the business relationship has been terminated, Clover Leaf Seafoods may consider resuming business with a Supplier/Facility only after an audit satisfactory to Clover Leaf Seafoods has been completed. A plan for sustainable improvement may be required.