Spicy Tuna Taco Cups
This restaurant-style main course salad makes a refreshing yet hearty mid-week dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) . Drape each tortilla over a ramekin or small oven-proof bowl and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir the sour cream with the salsa and cumin. Toss this mixture with lettuce, tuna, tomato, corn, green onion and avocado (if using) .
- Divide the salad mixture between the two toasted cups and sprinkle with cheese (if using) . Makes 2 servings.
- For brown-baggers, pack the dressing and salad ingredients in separate containers to toss at lunch.
- As an alternative to the tortilla cup; roll up and slice a whole-wheat tortilla into strips. Toast on a baking sheet and sprinkle over the salad instead.
|Amount||Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
Saturated + Trans
Claims Per Serving
- Very High Source of Fibre
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Excellent Source of Vitamin A
- Excellent Source of Vitamin C
- Excellent Source of Calcium
- Excellent Source of Iron