Spicy Tuna Pad Thai
Did you know that a take out Pad Thai has 1000 - 1400 calories? Let's REINVENT FAST FOOD with this lower calorie 'Spicy Tuna Pad Thai' recipe from Clover Leaf containing only 310 calories!
- In a large bowl, cover the rice noodles with boiling water and let soak for 3-4 minutes.
- While the noodles soak, in a large sauté pan, add the cans of tuna, sliced snow peas, grated carrots and stir together over high heat. Add the coconut milk and ketchup.
- Drain noodles and toss with tuna sauce in the pan. Serve in a shallow bowl and garnish with remaining grated carrots and snow peas along with bean sprouts and peanuts.
Make it a Combo: Serve with a Fruity Mango Soda (see recipe below).
Fruity Mango Soda
½ cup fresh mango, chopped
2 cups club soda
- Mix together the mango slices with club soda and ice.
- Let steep in the refrigerator for 20 - 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information (Fruity Mango Soda): 25 calories, 50mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, fibre 1g, sugar 6g, 20%DV vitamin C.
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
Saturated + Trans
Claims Per Serving
- Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
- Excellent source of vitamin A
- Source of vitamin C
- Excellent source of iron