Smokey Tomato Soup Shots with Clams
This rich cold soup can be made ahead and used as a first course or an appetizer for entertaining that will have your guests talking about your party for weeks. Or, for an instant shortcut, use your favourite prepared tomato soup and simply add the clams and hot sauce to taste.
- Heat the oven to 300°F (150°C) . Toss the tomatoes, onion, garlic and rosemary with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 90 minutes or until very tender; discard the rosemary sprig.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a blender and process until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve; discard solids. Chill for 2 hours or for up to 2 days. Just before serving, stir in the clams and hot sauce. Pour into 2 oz. shot glasses to serve as an appetizer. Makes 12 appetizers.
- Toss coarse sea salt with the coarse pepper in a shallow dish. Moisten the shot glass rims with a lemon wedge; turn the moistened rim in the salt and pepper mixture to coat. Fill each glass carefully with soup and garnish with a mini celery stick.
- Double the recipe and serve warm in bowls as a soup course to serve four.
- Add a splash of vodka or tequila to make this a cocktail and appetizer in one.
- For an instant shortcut, use your favourite prepared tomato soup and simply add the clams and hot sauce.
|Amount||Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
Saturated + Trans
Claims Per Serving
- Low in Fat
- Low in Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat Free
- Low in Cholesterol
- Source of Vitamin A
- Good Source of Vitamin C
- Excellent Source of Iron