Chili Thai Tacos
Did you know that take out tacos contain 800 calories? Let's REINVENT FAST FOOD with this lower calorie 'Chili Thai Tacos' recipe from Clover Leaf, containing only 400 calories!
- Toast taco shells for 20-30 seconds in toaster oven or 350F for a minute in a conventional oven.
- In a sauté pan, lightly heat the tuna.
- Turn heat to low and quickly stir in half of the sour cream.
- Place a quarter of the tuna mixture into each taco shell.
- Top with the lettuce, tomato and remaining sour cream.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
Tip: This recipe works as well with Clover Leaf® Flaked Light Tuna - Sundried Tomato & Basil.
Make it a Combo: Serve with a side of Asian Slaw and Fruity Mango Soda (see recipes below).
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp sesame oil
¼ cup red cabbage, shredded
¼ cup green cabbage, shredded
¼ cup carrots, grated
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Slowly drizzle the sesame oil whisking continuously.
- In another bowl, toss the cabbages and carrot together.
- Drizzle the dressing over top and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
Nutritional information (Asian Slaw) per serving: 310 calories, 30g fat, 340mg sodium, 9g carbohydrates, 1g fibre, 5g sugar, 2g protein, 25%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C.
Fruity Mango Soda
½ cup fresh mango, chopped
2 cups club soda
- Mix together the mango slices with club soda and ice.
- Let steep in the refrigerator for 20 - 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information (Fruity Mango Soda) per serving: 25 calories, 0.1g fat, 50mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fibre, 6g sugar, 20%DV Vitamin C.
|Amount||Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
Saturated + Trans
Claims Per Serving
- Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
- Source of vitamin C
- Source of calcium
- Excellent source of iron