Gourmet Chunk White Tuna – CHIPOTLE in Olive Oil
- low in saturates
- free of trans fat
- low in cholesterol
- high in protein
- excellent source of vitamin D
Clover Leaf's Gourmet Chipotle flavoured Chunk White Tuna in Olive Oil is one of 3 trendy flavours.
Blending natural ingredients like chipotle in adobo (a sauce mixture from Spanish and Latin American cuisines) and olive oil with Clover Leaf’s premium Albacore tuna creates a delicious sensory excitement with a kick!
This gourmet product is packed in a 142g can and is low in saturated fat, free of trans fat and low in cholesterol.
While some may choose to drain some of the oil, we recommend you mix the oil right in for a full and intense flavour experience.
Here are some easy and quick recipe ideas.
- Pour the contents, including the olive oil, directly over hot pasta, rice, noodles, couscous or quinoa. Mix gently and serve immediately.
- You can do the same over mesclun leaves, chopped lettuce leaves or any chopped salad leaves of your choice for a salad meal.
- This product can also be served as a no-fuss and delicious appetizer. Pour the contents of the can into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Then spoon on pita chips or crackers and serve. Our creative staff have suggested adding a couple of tablespoons of light sour cream to the mixture in the bowl and mix again for a creamy texture.
- Another great idea from the Clover Leaf Kitchen is mixing a can of chipotle flavoured white tuna in olive oil with 2 boiled & mashed potatoes to make a great and quick meal or side dish for a main course.
If you've ever wondered which side of the Gourmet White Tuna can you should open using a can opener, it's the side which bears the sticker ‘MIX IT UP! ....’.
These cans are labeled upside down, so that the ‘GOURMET’ message and recipe tips are on top and clearly visible, to assist you in store with recognizing the ‘GOURMET’ line and preparation tip - ‘ADD LIFE TO PASTA & SALADS!’.
Clover Leaf's Gourmet Chipotle flavoured Chunk White Tuna in Olive Oil was nominated as the Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards 2012 finalist.
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
Saturated + Trans